Dancing on the Edge is commissioning scholars, artists, writers and others to contribute to the artistic dialogues from and with the Middle East and North Africa in the online magazine DOTE . A small fee is offered to five selected works.
DOTE is an online publication providing context to artistic exchange and development in the (performing) arts. It is about experimental and contemporary performing arts, reflecting modern society and its environment, provoking conversation and action; fostering innovation and diversity of mediums which make the art scenes around the world so intriguing and versatile.
DOTE is calling scholars, writers, arts professionals, artists and others to contribute to the discourse on performing arts coming from or made with the Middle East and North Africa in the form of written text (1000 – 2000 words) or works with image, video, music, scores, drawings, podcasts, etc. Requirement is that it needs to be compatible with a WordPress website.
There is a €250 fee per contribution.
We have published essays around themes of performances, background stories, interviews, audience reports, but also opinion pieces, and personal stories. We now invite you to share your work, stories or muzings, because DOTE is made by everyone, not by us.
How to submit
To submit your paper or work, please send a proposal/concept (one page max.) to email@example.com before the 15th of August 2018. Five concepts will be selected to be fully realized, after which they will be published on DOTE starting September 2018. Dancing on the Edge manages DOTE and can give feedback or edit papers/works upon request.
- The work needs to be new. It can’t be published elsewhere in the past, and will be required to add a “first published in DOTE” when published elsewhere in the future**.
- The work reflects on the (performing) arts scene. It is also in line with the mission of Dancing on the Edge. Read our mission here.
- The main language of DOTE is English.
- The maximum number of words for text-based entries is 2000 words.
- It is possible for you to publish anonymously but for verification reasons we cannot accept submissions anonymously. If you wish to publish anonymously please state that in your cover email.
- We do not accept promotional materials for works of art, or anything with a commercial incentive.
We look forward to continue the dialogue together with you!
** We are also open to publishing existing papers or works if they fit DOTE. These works can be sent to the same email address to be considered. There is no deadline for these papers, nor is there a fee available for these submissions.