Dancing on the Edge, based in Amsterdam, stimulates artistic exchange with the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The high point of our activities is a biennial multidisciplinary festival in a number of Dutch cities. For the fifth edition of the Dancing on the Edge Festival, to take place in November 2015, we are looking for contemporary dance and theater performances as well as (multi-media) installations/art works from the MENA region.
Deadline is 12th of January 2015.
- The piece/work should be of high artistic quality and be made/performed by professional level artists.
- Preference will be given to pieces/works that address societally relevant issues in an artistically interesting way, made by artists with a personal signature.
- The piece should preferably have a relatively small cast and not an extremely complicated set or technical requirements.
- Theater pieces should be in English or suitable for surtitling. Those not in English should be sent with an English translation.
- The groups/artists should be from and/or working in the Middle East and North Africa or have a strong connection with the MENA region.
Interested parties should fill in the production form provided in the link below and return it – with attachments- by email to office[at]dancingontheedge.nl. DVD’s can be sent to the post address below, but sending a digital link to the piece/work is preferable.
Link to production form
Note: the form should be filled in as completely as possible. For questions please write to office[at]dancingontheedge.nl.
Procedure / Time Frame:
- March 2015: candidates selected for a short list will be contacted and asked to fill in a more detailed technical form. Candidates not selected for the short list will be informed as well.
- Summer 2015: final selection of the program of Dancing on the Edge Festival 2015.
Photo: Hussein Khadour