Dancing on the Edge is looking for an intern from February 2015 onwards. It is a general internship with either a focus on marketing or programming. The tasks, which in any case consist out of general support of the festival organization, will be composed in consultation and can be supplemented with a research.
Dancing on the Edge is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization that focuses on artistic exchange with the Middle East and North Africa (the MENA region). The main areas of concentration are contemporary dance, theater and multimedia. The exchange involves art of high artistic quality, often by a young generation searching for new cosmopolitan art forms, and working with contemporary themes. The largest event, the Dancing on the Edge Festival, takes place every two years in different cities in The Netherlands. The fifth edition of the festival will take place in November 2015. During the festival contemporary dance and theater performances are presented and complemented with and enriched by an extensive context program and other activities.
Who are we looking for?
- You are interested in theater and dance from the MENA region.
- You have team spirit and you work well in a small organization.
- You take initiative, you are flexible, motivated and you can work independently.
- Living in Amsterdam is a pre.
- You are at least available for three months.
What do we offer?
- A challenging function within a dynamic and (inter)national environment.
- The opportunity to deliver a concrete and visible contribution to cultural exchange, diversity and participation.
- Space for own input in an informal team.
- Compensation and hours in consultation.
Interested? Send your letter of interest and CV to office[at]dancingontheedge.nl before the 6th of January 2015.
Click here for the Dutch version.